Hey slaydies and gentlemen,
Valentine’s day has come and gone, but you’ve still got the best Valentine all year long, YOU! Self-love is such an important part of having a well-balanced and happy life. You can’t slay someone else’s life, if you aren’t happy with yourself. Take some time and listen to what you need. Here are some tips to help you focus on self-love:
1. Learn to accept yourself and your flaws – We’re all human and we all have flaws. Work on the ones that you can fix and feel are important to. Accept the ones you can’t and learn to live with them. But not only live with them, embrace them!
2. Seek support – While it’s not always easy to admit we need help, but it’s better when you do. Build a support network of friends and family so that you always know that you don’t have to struggle alone. People who are there to celebrate the good days and encourage you on the bad ones are the people you need in your life!
3. Make time for yourself – Don’t let stress overtake your world! Take time to think about what YOU need, not just what others need from you. Take a hot bath, read your favorite book, have a private dance party with your favorite songs, have a movie night with yourself. Celebrate your favorite things and time with yourself!
4. Cut out toxic people – It’s hard to do, but it’s so rewarding! You deserve to be happy and toxic people will take that away from you. Anyone who makes you feel less than amazing doesn’t deserve your time!
5. Stop comparing yourself to others – There is no one else like you on this planet! You’re doing the world a disservice by trying to be someone else.
6. Step outside of your comfort zone – Do something that scares you, try something new! Whether it’s something simple like trying a new food or something serious like skydiving, open yourself up to new experiences.
7. Follow your passion – If it makes you excited but a little bit scared, it’s worth exploring! If you want to do it, but have convinced yourself it wouldn’t work, it’s worth a shot.
8. Forgive yourself – Don’t hold grudges against yourself. Stop feeling embarrassed, ashamed, or insecure about things that happened in the past. You can’t change them, you can only learn from them.
9. Learn to say no – It doesn’t make you a bad person; sometimes it makes you a smart person. You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do. Don’t force yourself to live with unhappiness.
Stop settling for less than happiness. Embrace yourself, do what’s right for you, and take over the world